Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday's Random Ramblings

- Winter, you're welcome to leave anytime. Thank you!
- Even though I'm a decade removed from high school basketball playing days, my heart still gets a little pitter patter when I think about what the girls must be going through this coming week at Sub-State...do or die time!
- I bought two ultra-clearance books tonight at Borders - "The Nanny Diaries" and "Marley and Me." Don't let me know how they are...I want no judgments before opening them to read.
- I'm a bit overwhelmed with life right now. Will it ever slow down?
- Research these days involves looking at cute "big girl" undies at Gap and Old Navy as we slowly start the potty training phase.
- I went to the GoRun store in Wichita for the first time tonight and saw the Chicago Marathon pics I submitted on their table. Very cool to walk in and see pics of yourself finishing an awesome race!
- My mom's birthday is next Wednesday. I (finally) figured out what I want to get her - while she's the easiest to shop for, she's also the hardest!
- I'm trying to talk Jack into going down to Oklahoma City for part of spring break to see his lovely aunt, uncle, and cousins. We've been there once a year for several years now and it's become a fun tradition....plus, they can see Mackie, who's changed a lot since last March.

And last, but certainly not least....
- Jack and I went to an organic/natural foods store in Wichita this evening. I always like to look at various items and sometimes "splurge" on their way overpriced food. Jack, meanwhile, has a mission to make fun of the product names, ingredients, etc. He does this whenever we go to a Whole Foods or similar natural foods store (wish we had a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's in Wichita....this store can be much more expensive on items!). Tonight might have been the best "find" yet. Jack just so *happened* to be perusing in the male supplement aisle when he found the mother of all supplements called Super Horny Goat Weed, right next to Horny Goat Weed. I have the picture on my phone to prove it!

2 comments:

The Feather Files said...

I have read one of your ultra-clearance books. That's all I'll say.

St. Louis has FOUR trader joe's - not to brag or anything - but it might be worth a visit :)

Right there with you are the life stuff.

Monique Bergmeier said...

We have a Trader Joe's 40 minutes away! I haven't made it there yet, but it's on my list of things to do soon!

Visitors