Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Ramblings

* I was able to hold not one, but TWO baby boys today! Nothing beats snuggling with a 6-week-old and a 3-month-old to give their mamas a break.
* I hugged and heard the actual, live voice of one of my best friends, who traveled all night with her hubbie and baby boy (the 6-week-old) from Texas and arrived at our house just after midnight. I love, love, love seeing how God is working in her life and on her heart....even if it has to be interrupted by baby cries, toddler screams, and everything in between.
* I had a nice, improptu phone conversation tonight with a dear co-worker who's more like a cool aunt. It was a blessing to chat with her about various issues we're dealing with right now. She's a hard-working gal who's loyal to her family, her job, and her Lord. How refreshing!
* I just finished my fourth year working for Hutchinson Recreation Commission and enter my fifth one...I'm beyond blessed to do the job I do and to have such amazing co-workers who are more like family to me. (case in point: see above comment)
* My morning Starbucks run really hit the spot today - tall nonfat hazelnut latte.
* Jack's 29th birthday is TOMORROW...and he doesn't have baseball practice...and we can finally go to the Juco basketball games as a family....and we get to go to Bogey's for his birthday dinner (his choice). It's a treat to have fast food/diner-type food in our house!
* I'm excited (as always) to start working on Hutch Mag summer assignments. Love, love, love this publication and how I can continue to write!
* Little miss is fast asleep and I have some quiet moments after a hectic day of work, friends, family, basketball, and more work. I think I'll curl up with my Bible and a crossword and call it a night.

Happy Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

eeds said...

LOVE this post and loved seeing you, Jack and Mackie! Love you!

Monique Bergmeier said...

Must say I'm jealous about the first part...I'm sure you guys had a great time together!

Visitors