I'm not a quitter.
However, for the first time EVER, I had to drop out of a much-desired race...the Wichita Half-Marathon on May 1. I'm not saying that I quit, because I really didn't (okay, I did...but I have a great excuse!). I made the (difficult) decision about six weeks into training, about the same time I was getting back to 28-30 miles a week, my splits were between the 8:15's and 8:30's, and I actually enjoyed running for longer than an hour. Some excuses on why I quit include:
- I'm loving pineapple a LOT these days. I'm talking one entire pineapple a week...I'd probably eat two if Jack would let me.
- I end up on the couch by about 7:30-8 p.m. most nights, usually sick and tired of being so sick and tired.
- My ultra-love for coffee has drastically reduced to about 10 percent. Starbucks is probably wondering where I've been...and why on earth when I actually do come in I would want to order decaf after chasing after a toddler all day.
- My runs have gotten a bit slower, and mileage has started to decrease (doctor's orders!).
- I'm up a good 2-3 times a night with a bladder that feels like it just might explode.
- I'm becoming friends again with my doctor's office and the super-duper friendly nurses.
Okay, enough already. The BEST excuse I can ever make for dropping out of a race....
Yep, you saw it right. Mackie is going to be a BIG SISTER (which, for those who need to actually read it to believe it, means I'm about 11 weeks pregnant with Baby C #2....due October 30th!).
More to this story to come...trust me, there's waaayyy more to this amazing miracle only God can create. In the meantime, know that I'm healthy, Mackie's (finally!) healthy, and Jack has been a super-star while putting up with an emotional, tired, hungry, sick wife and a toddler who hasn't been in the best of health lately.