Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's the Little Things

* I (finally) got a haircut today from my (awesome) new hairdresser. She flat-ironed my hair, which makes me look like a totally different person since I never do it......it's the little things.

* My mom called me up to see if I'd like a Starbucks pick-me-up and I actually was in the mood for coffee. She knew that this mommy was tired after sweet pea was up some of the night with the pukes....it's the little things.

* My daughter sat in my lap long enough during a meeting today so I could tell Foundation members what's going on in the marketing department at Hutch Rec....it's the little things.

* I ate a snack-y supper tonight. You know, the ones where you don't feel like sitting down to (or cooking) a regular meal, about one step above a cereal supper....it's the little things.

* Mackie went to bed giving kisses to everything in sight - daddy, mommy, and Frank Martin the sock monkey....it's the little things.

* I was able to tell Mackie the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. Her reply? Jesus....it's the (BIG) little things.

* My run-walk combo this morning actually energized me and I'm glad I got my tired booty out of bed...it's the little things.

* I painted my toenails for the first time in months. The color? Wildcat purple....it's the little things.

Too often I forget to thank the Lord for the little things in life. The little things that make life on this earth lovely, but at the same time make Heaven's perfection appear that much sweeter.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome! Thanks for the reminder.

Visitors