Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy's Day 2011

Happy Mother's Day to all of the sweet mamas out there. I'm definitely blessed with an abundance of wonderful mothers (my mother and mother-in-law), not to mention many mommy "role models" whom I look to for guidance. What a precious day to celebrate you!

Mackie and Jack treated me like a Queen Bee today....far more than what I deserve. I awoke to find several thank-you sticky notes scattered across items on our dining room table. Mackie thanked me for taking her out in the stroller to look at dogs and buses; for taking her to the library to pick out books; etc, etc. It was a super sweet way to start the day!

My day also included a wonderful message from Pastor Rick geared toward mothers at church service. I'll have to give you some highlights in a later post - good stuff! I also had a nap, Starbucks, Taco Hut, and ate my way through some cherry Twizzler bites. It doesn't take much to please this mommy! :)

Here are some snapshots from the day:




By this time, it was a wonder she even looked at the camera with me. Believe me, it's the best mommy-daughter shot we have of the day, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. :) We have problems taking good pics when mommy is holding Mackie. Hmmmm.......


It was super hot so we decided to break out our swimsuit the first time this year and show it off to grandma, grandpa, and neighbors that drove by.


Sprinkler time! Mackie didn't know what to think at first....but she definitely found out HOW to run in the sprinklers once daddy showed her how.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Visitors