Sunday, September 4, 2011

Big Girl Bed!

This day (finally) arrived. It was a bittersweet transition, as my toddler will now experience some newfound freedom (hopefully not too much freedom) in her very own twin-size big girl bed.

We said good-bye to the crib after nap time today. And I admit - I was a bit saddened by the fact that my 2-year-old would no longer be resting (and contained) in her four-walled bed. I flashed back to when Mackie was just three weeks old, when I finally took the plunge - most likely at the request of hubbie - to move her out of our room/bassinet and into the "big girl crib." I cried and cried and cried when I placed her in the enormous crib, the same one that barely contains my toddler daughter now.

Here is the big girl bed, complete with fun and colorful polka dotted sheets and a matching, colorful comforter. (side note: this was my second bedding purchase...I had my eye on this one a few weeks ago at Target and it just made the clearance rack this weekend, so I snatched it up and hastily returned the original bedding. Mackie didn't mind either way - or so I tell myself!)


Big Sis getting ready for bed!


Almost time for lights out. So far, so good. (We're only two hours into it - and will see what happens when she figures out that she can actually get out of this bed!)


1 comment:

Fish said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! I just want to squeeze her! I STILL get a little sad at my "big girl" when I check on her before I go to bed. It goes sooooo fast! I hope last night was a success and the months to come are an easy transition for you guys! --Jodi

Visitors