Sunday, September 25, 2011

Event Planning or Pregnancy Planning?

My co-workers and close friends have joked with me how I like to plan special events...or perhaps it's how I plan my expanding family? Case in point:

August 2009: In charge of the biggest special event for work, the Salty Dog Triathlon, all while waddling around at 9 months pregnant. Mackie arrived five days later, on her due date.

August 2011: Planned the same special event, the Salty Dog Triathlon, this time at 7 1/2 months pregnant and enduring one of the hottest summers in two decades.

September 2011: One of the coordinators for a new special event, Run for the Rocks Half Marathon, while waddling around at 9 months pregnant. Baby boy shouldn't arrive in five days - but more like 4-5 weeks. We shall see! Let's just say my sweet doctor and his wife were on my team of volunteers. He says it's because they enjoy races. I think it's because he didn't want to see me go into early labor. :)

This is the final hurrah for special events. Now it's onto the BEST and BIGGEST special event of the year - the arrival of Waveland! (ooh I can't wait until we can share his name with you!)

No comments:

Visitors