You're two weeks old - that's half a month! Hard to believe you entered our world two weeks ago. Even harder to believe that I could still be pregnant based on your due date (Oct. 30). So much for doctors being right - thank God for His perfect timing!
We went to our favorite ped this morning so you could get checked out and make sure you're on track. You're doing GREAT! Here are your two-week stats:
- Weight: 8 pounds, 13 ounces (up 5 ounces from birth weight!)
- Length: 20.75 inches
- Head Circumference: 14.25 inches
A typical day for you goes like this:
- During the day, you eat every 2-2.5 hours (sometimes you make it to 3 hours...but rarely!)
- You usually do one (sometimes two!) 3.5-4 hour stretches at night before you're ready to eat again.
- You're sleeping in the bassinet in our room. It's much easier, as that's where we had to move the rocking chair. Makes night-time feedings very simple.
- You sleep a lot during the day, but I'm noticing longer bouts of wake time - usually in late morning hours and again in the early afternoon hours. We try to keep you up in the late afternoon and early evening hours so you can sleep more at night.
- You're a gulper when it comes to nursing. You LOVE to eat! And because you love to eat, you usually do it so fast that you tend to gulp air and get gassy. You even spit up - a new thing for this mama, as your sister never spit up! (I'm putting those burp cloths to good use!)
- It's no surprise, but you're a bit more laid back than your sis. I think it's because you somewhat have to be - you already sleep great through her screaming and shouting around the house.- Mommy is still getting used to changing a baby boy's dipe. Let's just say you've christened the wall a few times.
- Mommy has her first "official" taste of reality (handling two kids by herself all day) on Monday. We've been blessed to have daddy home a few days here and there, plus grandmas and the sitter helping out in between.