Monday, October 10, 2011

Wave's Weekly Update - 37 Weeks


Dearest Waveland,
Another week down, another week you're still nesting inside of me. Daddy, Mackie, and I all went to your weekly doctor appointment this afternoon.

Here's what we found out:
- I'm a "good" 3 cm dilated. Whatever "good" means is beyond me. Just quoting the doc on that one. This is a .5 cm dilation increase from last Tuesday.
- 70 percent effaced. This is an increase of 20 percent from last week.
- Doctor said there's a 50-50 chance he won't be delivering my baby. That's because he goes out of town on noon Thursday and won't return until Monday morning. So this means, baby boy, that you need to arrive either sometime between now and Thursday morning, or Sunday evening/Monday morning when doc gets back.
- Doc said to stay put from now until baby comes. This means Buhler is probably the farthest mecca I'll get to travel to in the coming days.
- I've been having a lot of pain and it's a definite sign you're quickly approaching!

In the meantime, I'm going to keep enjoying time with your daddy and big sis. We've had some quality time together as we're purposely keeping our weeknights and weekends open. It's been refreshing, fun, and a bit emotional as I tear up each time we sing "Jesus Loves Me" and tuck your sister in at night. For some reason I think she's going to grow up by 5-10 years overnight as soon as you arrive. That won't happen - but she'll definitely play a different role in our family.

Speaking of your sis, she's definitely starting to figure out you're coming soon. The last few days she hasn't had the greatest naps, been a bit more dramatic/testy than usual, and wanted to me to rock her this afternoon. Rock her - I couldn't believe it! She's realizing that you'll be getting a lot of rocking time in the days to come when you enter this world, Wave!

Love you, baby boy. You continue growing and staying healthy in there. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Mama

No comments:

Visitors