Thursday, December 8, 2011

Braxton Cade: Eight Weeks Old!


Brax-man,
Holy moly - you're 8 weeks old today! Next week you'll officially be two months. Time is flying, little man! Here's what has been going on your life these days:

- You are about to grow out of all the 0-3 month clothes in your drawers and closet. I thought I'd at least see a few of my favorite outfits last 1-2 more times, but you've decided to chunk out these last two weeks. I'm not complaining. I LOVE baby chunk! 
- You are getting more and more into a routine. The most important routine we're trying to establish is the "big" naptime and bedtime. You usually coordinate some of your afternoon nap with your big sis - thank you! Keep this up in a few weeks when mommy starts working from home again. Bedtime is usually right before or after big sis, too, which is a blessing. Thanks again! 
- You still go every 2.5-3 hours of feeding daytime and go anywhere from 5-7 hour stretch at night. 
- You're a fast eater. At first I didn't think you were getting enough, but it turns out I produce milk like a cow (probably the biggest reason I've been down and out with mastitis twice already - this last week about did me in!). You'll usually eat on each side for 8-12 minutes. 
- You are the gassiest baby! Sorry, dude, but I gotta note it. You put adults to shame with the smell, too.
- You are a turtle. You stick your neck out and try to move it all around whenever we're toting you around. Problem is you're neck muscles aren't quite strong enough so you're practically bending your body in half....stop that, it looks like it hurts!
- I love, love, love how you sleep, especially when it's a deep sleep (see below). Something seeing you sleep just makes my heart melt.


We love you baby boy, and can't wait to see how God uses you in the coming years. We're anxious to see how big you're getting and will find out next week at your 2-month appointment. Stay tuned - I'm thinking we have a future K-State linebacker on our hands!

No comments:

Visitors