Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Break

Probably the best part of being married to a teacher is the schedule. Jack doesn't have to work Sundays, has the summers off, and enjoys some sweet holiday breaks throughout the year. Perhaps my favorite break is Christmas - and I'm definitely looking forward to this year! (23 hours from now I'll be seeing my hubbie walk through the door with no school for several days....yippee!)

When it was just the two of us, I would work most of break while he would conquer honey-do projects and go hunting. Now it's a bit different. Between his coaching duties and the kidlets, I find that breaks come and go too fast. Part of it has to do with the fact that we schedule things that take away from our family time. By the time Jan. 1 hits we realize that we didn't really have any together time - for just the two of us or with the kids.

This year we're purposely being selfish with our time together. Sure there will be some things we want to do (Jack will finally go hunting, I'll finally - I hope! - break out my sewing machine and start learning how to sew, he'll have coaching commitments, I'll have a freelance commitment), but other than that we're really going to scale back. This means we're going to schedule a few date nights and family date nights. Overall, though, we're going to enjoy being our family of four and enjoying this precious time with our kiddos while they're this age. Because even though it's crazy with a toddler and newborn, it's fun - and it will go by fast. Too fast. It already has!

No comments:

Visitors