Friday, January 13, 2012
Braxton Cade: Three Months Old!
Oh my sweet, happy boy. How are you already three months? You have brought us so much joy and happiness these last three months. It's amazing how much the heart swells with love when adding another child to the mix. Our family is now complete and there's such a fun, peace in our hearts as your daddy and I continue to watch you interact with us and your crazy, lovable big sis.
We've had a few milestones in recent days. Here's what you've been up to:
- Sleep: Mommy was getting a bit weary from your continual 5 to 5 1/2 hour stretches at night. You would treat her with a 7-hr stretch every now and then, but not often enough to call it routine. Last night you gifted her (and daddy!) with an 8-hr stretch. Way to go, little man! Let's keep this up and make it a routine. We're all happier and less caffeinated when you sleep longer at night. During the day, you usually nap for a 45 min-hour in the morning, a nice, 2 1/2-3 hr stretch in the afternoon, and some sort of cat nap in the late afternoon/early evening. Your morning/afternoon naps are done in your crib - but you've been known to work mommy into putting you in the swing (case in point: this afternoon!).
- Schedule: I joked with your daddy that a 5-hr stretch at night is the last thing to complain about when you're pretty spot-on during the day. You typically wake up, eat, and then go to sleep about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This schedule goes on throughout the day, though you have a nice 4-hr stretch where you take a long nap (usually when big sis goes down, too - keep this up!). We usually have you in bed between 8-9 p.m. - also to match big sis's sleeping schedule.
- Personality: You're getting quite the personality these days! You're super sweet and happy and content. Really, much less dramatic than your sis. (thank you!) Even if you're awake and cranky, you're usually not extremely fussy. You like to giggle when mommy's hair tickles your cheek or she squeezes the cute, chunky legs during diaper changes.
- Eating & Clothes: You're not missing any meals, little man, and your cute chunks and cheeks are proof. You have grown out of some of the 3-6 month clothes (mainly due to length), and are comfortable in the 6-month clothes and sleepers. Mommy thinks she may have to go shopping for you soon, as many of the 6-9 month clothes she purchased for you are already out and going to soon be making a rotation in the closet and dresser.
- Other Milestones: You're sitting up in the Bumbo and actually enjoy tummy time for more than 2 minutes. I'm sure you're getting those muscles ready to roll, roll, roll! You love your bouncy seat and kicking the mirror and other toys as it plays music. You went to Miss Tab's for the first time last week and so far, so good. You have to hold your own with the three other little girls in the mix (one being your crazy sis)!
Love you, little man, and we continue to pray for your heart. We pray that you love Jesus with all of your heart, mind, and soul, that you grow up to become a boy and eventually a man who follows His Word.