Friday, February 10, 2012

EMAW - Our Version!

My brother shared with me this story. He wrote a note that said, "This is going to be Mackie in 3 or 4 years."


Well...not quite.

Mackie had her own little Kansas Day run-in a few weeks ago while we were at the gym. The gals in the nursery thought it would be fun for the kids to celebrate Kansas Day by drawing a packet of pictures. Of course one of these pics was a Jayhawk. (I actually had to ask my history teacher husband why everyone connects a Jayhawk with the state animal, bird, and other objects. I mean, it isn't our state mascot or anything - why do people think kids need to draw a picture of it?)

Anyhow, Mackie looked at the Jayhawk and told the gals, "Ew! Ew! Ew!" (the response she's known for several months now). Then, our problem-solving daughter did what any little Wildcat tyke would do. 

She colored the Jayhawk purple. Yes, purple! She was so proud it was the first thing she showed me when I came in to pick her up. 

Atta girl. I just wished I would have played it up bigger at the time so we could have scored basketball tickets to the KU-K-State game! (Apparently the writer of the blog that I shared with you is going to the game with her family and getting introduced - sweet!)

EMAW!!

No comments:

Visitors