Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Mama's Love Letter

My dearest Mackenzie Claire & Braxton Cade,

I can't tell you how much I love you both. I never thought I'd love a little baby so much, let alone TWO little ones. My love has exponentially grown with each day that the Lord has blessed me as your mommy. I'm amazed at the job that He has given me (and your daddy) - to raise you both in His favor, obeying His ways, and realizing that He is the source of truth and of life.

I pray that you both understand the great sacrifice of Jesus and His amazing act of dying on the cross for our sins. I hope you realize and understand the ugliness of your sins and that you come to accept Him as your Savior.

I pray that you stand firm in the faith and cling to Him throughout the trials and tribulations of life. While I'd love to keep you in a bubble and protect you from any hurt, disappointment, fear, and temptation, I know this is what grows you as a believer and as a person. Without trials there is no growth. And there is no life without growth.

Mackie, I pray that you become a young lady who uses that spunky personality of yours to God's glory. That the spunk carries on to your passion for Christ and sharing His Word with others. That your tender heart cares for those in need, including (Lord-willing) your future husband and children. That your chattiness speaks words of truth and love. That your social skills provide you close friendships and relationships with others. That your passion (and - let's face it - strong will) drives you to serve our mighty Father in all that you do.

Brax, I pray that you become a mighty little man who leads with a servant's heart. That your laid-back attitude compliments the fierceness of society. That your zeal for life transfers over to a desire to serve God with all of your heart, mind, and soul. That your gentle spirit leads you (God-willing) to find a wife and children and to serve them as the head of your household. That your curiosity leads to a desire to dig deep into God's word and apply it to your life, your future career, and your future family.

My two children, I pray that you simply know and love Jesus with all of your heart and you apply His Word daily to your lives. Your daddy and I love you very much. We want what's best for you. But overall - we want you to know HIM!

I love you both my sweet babies. And yes, you'll always be my babies.

To the moon and back,
Mama

No comments:

Visitors