Monday, June 4, 2012

29 To-Do's Before 30

As many of you know, I celebrated my 29th birthday this past weekend. I want to "cling" to my 20s as much as possible, so what better way (for type-A) me than to go through the year with a to-do list?

Presenting....29 things to do before turning the big 30 next June 1st. (in no particular order)

1. Read a classic - "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "The Great Gatsby" are two faves!
2. Fly a kite with the family.
3. Go fishing or hunting w Jack. (note: hubs has told me I will go hunting with him this winter and that the fishing to-do is a back-up!)
4. Make my own hummus.
5. Grow my own herbs.
6. Bake cookies with Mackie & Brax and then deliver them to a new neighbor.
7. Contact paper and re-organize my kitchen drawers and cabinets.
8. Run another half-marathon and 10K. (unless I get injured, which I hope is not the case!)
9. Take a group fitness class. (I used to somewhat enjoy taking boot camp or fitness classes to mix things up - but now I'm in a rut of not wanting to do any of them. Time to break out of the monotony of the AMT/bike!)
10. Dig into my Bible and a study at Starbucks - by myself! - and not worry about the time.
11. Visit the Hutchinson Public Library at least every other month.
12. Learn how to sew using my brand new, never used sewing machine (from Christmas 2 years ago!)
13. Save and plan a "real" get-away with Jack - more than 24 hours and further than Wichita!
14. Interview my kids once a month on the camcorder so we have these precious memories years from now.
15. Host a girls get-together at my house with my sweet friends.
16. Read a biography.
17. Make a homemade latte using the espresso maker I received from hubs four years ago for Christmas and have only used 4 times.
18. Run in the sprinklers with my little sweeties.
19. Do a back dive off of the diving board in my parent's pool.
20. Get a pedicure and/or massage.
21. Memorize Proverbs 31 in its entirety.
22. Spend an entire day disconnected from technology (gasp!) - no iPhone, no Internet, no Facebook, no computer, no television. ALL is off-limits!
23. Build a snowman, make snow angels, and go sledding on the next snow day (provided we have one!).
24. Camp out downstairs in the basement - complete with indoor s'mores and a makeshift "tent" (chairs, blankets, and pillows)
25. Go to a movie at the Fox Theatre.
26. Go to a Hutch Rec art class (I don't take advantage of my own workplace's great classes!)
27. Take a bike ride or run out at the Highlands (Hutch's only hills!)
28. Try sushi.
29. Ride the Ferris wheel with Jack at this year's State Fair.

I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities and adventures to add as the year continues - but I'd say this is a very, very good start!

Stay tuned on the progress!

No comments:

Visitors