Friday, June 8, 2012

Spoiled, Spoiled, Spoiled!

The first week of June is always a fun one! It kicks off with my birthday (I turned 29 this year - eek!), and then three days later, on June 4, hubs and I celebrate our anniversary (7th this year!). 

This year's birthday fell on a Friday, and I'm a firm believer that if you can swing it, take the birthday off from work! (ESPECIALLY when it falls on a Friday or Monday = longer weekend!). I did just that, and it turns out the extreme cooler temps forced hubs to take a rain/cold day at the pool, too. Double bonus! I enjoyed a delightful day of running, napping, Starbucks, Allie's veggie crunch sandwich, and hanging out with my beloved co-workers at a casual work party that night with hubs as my hot date and a babysitter watching our sweeties as they slept away. 

My family knows me so well when it comes to gift-giving: buy something running-related, and you're usually set! My parents bought me an Athleta gift card to purchase a fun, new running outfit (see below - a skirt and cute tank!). I LOVE Athleta and have been wanting to try their running gear for quite some time, but couldn't justify the price tag (diapers over cute tanks and skirts). I was thrilled when I received the gift card - mainly because it's a great brand that carries tall sizes so the tanks and shorts/skirts don't ride up - a problem I frequently have). I can't wait until the site has a sale (doesn't happen often) so I can purchase more cute and comfy gear!



Jackson and the kids bought me my "usual" birthday gift - a pair of the newest Asics 2700 series. I love these shoes and can always count on a new pair for my birthday and for Christmas (and as usual, hubs did not disappoint on the fun colors!). They also gave me a Gap gift card - again, a winner!


Another GREAT gift I received was a girlfriends brunch - kid-free! - this week. My dear friends spoiled me with a lovely morning of tasty food and coffee, wonderful conversation, and a beautiful setting outdoors. We're now starting a tradition to celebrate each friends' birthday throughout the year (and going to attempt to do as many kid-free ones as possible - the uninterrupted conversation was the BEST part!). Our next celebration is in July and I'm already giddy thinking about it!

Here's to living up the last year in my 20's. See my blog post below for some of the things I'd like to cross off my "to-do" list before I turn 30!

No comments:

Visitors