Thursday, July 12, 2012

Running Mojo a No-Go

After a great spring of running (a few fun 10k's and a great half-marathon just 6 months post-baby) I geared up for a couple of summer and fall races.

But then life stepped in.

Brax had several ear problems that equated to several sleepless nights. (and still has!)

Summer's sweltering heat came sweeping on in.

Add that to the daily grind and never-ending work to-dos and, well...I've temporarily lost my running mojo.

Sure I still love running. I just don't feel like cranking out 25-35 miles each week that include long runs of 10-plus miles.

Instead I'm opting for 20-25 miles with long runs of 6-7 miles.

That being said, I'm not going to register for a half this fall because I feel I have to. I'm going to wait until the mojo returns and register for a longer distance race that I actually desire to do.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the freeing experience of running without a plan and getting that half marathon itch back. Because once that itch returns, the full marathon will hopefully follow. :) I'm still heavily considering a Chicago Marathon re-appearance for my 30th bday in 2013!

Here's to fun runs - the next one being a new summer 10k in Wichita on Saturday!

No comments:

Visitors