Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

We celebrated our Rookie of the Year's FIRST birthday on his actual special day, this past Saturday. And while I'm still working on getting a birthday boy post and pics put on here, I'll leave you with some shots from our Take Me Out to the Ball Game party we had for our little man!

We had concession-stand food, including soft pretzels with cheese, hot dogs, caramel corn, and of course we had some healthy options like fruit and veggies with dip.

The table - a baseball "bouquet" with some scrapbook paper I picked up from the Hobby Lobby sale rack. I scored the balloons and some other odds and ends at Party Decor's closing sale. 
(Total decoration cost: $10!)

I've learned my lesson in doing my own kids' cakes and cupcakes that simple is best! I took the real easy route and baked a vanilla-almond cake in a round cake pan and decorated it like a baseball. This was the cake he dug into - and really didn't do much digging at that!

Again, kept it simple on the cupcakes!

The party favors were another steal of a deal! I found these buckets with mini chalkboard tags on the 70-percent off dollar bin at Target (making them about 30 cents each!). I then filled with odds and ends from the going-out-of-biz party store (spending about $5 total). 

Stay tuned...pics of the birthday boy and his loot are to come!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love it all! I really like all the small touches like the concession stand food and the adorable favors. Great job mommy!

Visitors