Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Mackie First: The Church Christmas Program

I have turned into that mom.

You know, the one you see when you're not even thinking about having kids and she's doting on her babies, camera and camcorder in tow for special events and programs. You think to yourself, "I will not be that mama in the front row with the camera."

Yeah, I'm eating my words now.

Mackie had her first Christmas program at church last Sunday night. She had been looking forward to it since the fall, when they started practicing "Away in a Manger" during Sunday School. After Thanksgiving, when I showed her the pretty dress she'd be wearing, she asked me daily when she could wear it. 

Let's just say she was more than thrilled when she woke up from her nap Sunday and could start getting ready for her first Christmas program! 




We had long conversations with her (as long as a three-year-old will allow you to have) talking about singing her heart out for Jesus and honoring Him with her words and song. We had the "ladylike" talk of her presence on stage. She was the youngest one going in and we didn't know what we were in for when she hit the stage.

And you know what?

She did great! She sang great, smiled beautifully, and sang her little heart out for Jesus.

I was in the front row, too, camcorder in tow.  (Side note: My camcorder is having difficulties uploading the video, so I'll have to post later. My apologies!)

And since my babies were dressed up in their Christmas finest, I thought I'd snap a few pics of them in front of the tree before the program.

Here's the best we could get of them:


 ...and my all-time favorite (wish I could have made this our Christmas card pic!)...


Have a blessed weekend as you make final preparations for celebrating our Savior's birth next week. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Visitors