Monday, January 21, 2013

Mama on the Run: Schedule Adjustments


Week #3 down, and onto Week #4 in training!

This week kicks off a series of schedule adjustments. Jack has basketball commitments the following 3-4 weekends (eek!), which means I'll be working my Saturday long run around his schedule. Add to the fact that I'm leaving for a four-day work trip next week (double eek!) and these next two weeks won't be picture-perfect by any means.

That being said, I find it wise to plan ahead! I knew Jack's schedule would get crazy in February. That's what I was nervous about all along when I took the plunge to train for a marathon during winter and basketball season. I also knew I was going to be at a work conference the last week in January. I've said it before, but it's a large reason why I chose the running plan that I did!

So, with all of the basketball and work hubbub - not to mention loving on my little ones (one of which thinks 4 a.m. is his new wake-up call lately), and here's what I'm planning to do this week:

WEEK #4 CLEVELAND MARATHON TRAINING PLAN:
Monday: Ran 5.5 miles (48 min) easy
Tuesday: XT 45 minutes plus ST (strength train)
Wednesday: Run 60 min easy w/ 4-6 pick-ups
Thursday: XT 40-45 minutes plus ST
Friday: Run 40 minutes easy
Saturday: Long run of 7 miles **the 7-miler is what is scheduled, but I may end up doing next weekend's 10-miler this week depending on Jack's Saturday schedule

I'm already looking forward to running next week's work conference, as I'm going back to Manhappiness (AKA: Manhattan, KS) and my college stomping grounds! The challenge will be figuring out when to run and cross-train in between sessions and commitments.

Oh, and for what it's worth, here's what we're planning to eat these next few days:
Monday: Beef stew with homemade biscuits
Tuesday: Chicken and Rice w/ broccoli
Wednesday: Taco Crunch w/ veggies and salsa
Thursday, Friday, Saturday: In the air, as it's tournament time for Jack's bball team! It will be a mixture of to-go suppers (anything that can be transported and eaten during a bball game) and snacks.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Visitors