Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bribery At Its Finest


This aisle is the sole reason my daughter has stayed dry in her pull-up for the last three nights.

She's been potty-trained (during the day) since before her 2nd birthday...almost two years ago! 

The doc told us not to worry about night-time training until she was ready. We didn't push. She was (pretty much) a breeze to train during the day at just 22 months. And the poor little girl slept so hard she never woke up with a dry pull-up. It didn't matter what we did!

We put night-lights in her room and the bathroom.

We cut off liquids by 7 p.m. (or earlier) most nights.

We forced potty out of her right before she crawled into bed.

We even put her in panties to see if she'd hold it like she did during the day. Nope - that resulted in soaked sheets at 4 a.m.

It wasn't until this past week, when I told her we'd more than "window shop" down the Target princess aisle, that gave her some incentive.

Yep, my name is Amy and I'm using bribes to night-time potty train my child.

And it's working (for now!).

The little miss has gone dry for three nights in a row - this coming from a girl who has never woken up dry from her night-time sleep!

We're going to be buying some new Minnie Mouse panties for night-time tonight (her request). If she stays dry in them, we'll be taking a trip to Target's princess aisle tomorrow.

I figure what I spend in pull-ups each month, I can use toward a princess treat.

I don't know if I should be excited that this "plot" is going so smoothly....or if I'm a grade-A sucker and will be writing you about night-time bedwetting woes a few weeks from now.

Either way, our spunky 3 1/2-yr-old is pretty stinkin' excited!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

No judgment here! When it comes to those life lessons you have to do what works and I think you figured it out :)

Visitors