Monday, April 1, 2013

I'm Gonna Miss This....

Today I'm feeling a bit sappy.

Maybe it's because the kidlets are at the age where they're playing (mostly) well together. It warms my heart to be in the kitchen or working on something and I overhear Mackie "reading" to Brax or they're rolling cars across the floor to each other while singing "Hakuna Matata" to the Lion King soundtrack.

Maybe it's because I just wrote a check for Mackie's first month of preschool tuition and sent it off, along with paperwork, to secure her spot for the fall. It's only two mornings a week - and I'm so thrilled for her, because I know she's going to love it - but still. Hard to believe that there's only two more years of "just" preschool and then she's off to kindergarten in the fall of 2015. (this coming from a mama who thought she couldn't wait for the kidlets to be school-aged!)

Maybe it's because my son's haircut makes him look so much like a little boy now instead of a baby. Along with the independence of walking up and down stairs, obeying commands (hallelujah!), falling down and immediately getting up without mama "loving" on his ouchies, you get the picture. He's growing up more and more before my eyes.

Maybe it's because we're back to a normal routine today. Daddy is back to work after a week-long spring break. Kiddos are back to regular diet and sleep schedule after a fun few days of Easter celebrations and family/friend time. 

Or maybe it's simply because I'm gonna miss this......

 Cars ALWAYS parked in their "stalls" - our rocking chair.

And this.....

 The bathroom counter ALWAYS having soaked towels and tipped-over soap containers dripping all over the place (you can't see the big water spots on the mirror, but they're always there, too!)

And this.....

Our living room taken over by little ones (this actually looks clean and picked up!) with legos, princess shoes, and a myriad of books and other toys scattered all over the floor. 

(sigh)

Yep, I'm gonna miss this. (Notice you didn't see the HUGE piles of laundry that's clean and just waiting to be folded downstairs? Yeah, I'm not gonna miss that!)


No comments:

Visitors