Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's Finally Here!

I can't believe it - race day is only a few short hours away!!

I'll write more about our road trip adventures when I'm on an actual computer, but just wanted to quickly touch base with y'all about our pre-race fun.

We ventured into Cleveland this morning and Browns Stadium for Mackie's big run.



She had a blast and finished with a medal and huge smile. She even was on the jumbo-torn with all of the other 3 and unders!


We then went to an awesome Farmer's Market - seriously, it was amazing with fresh produce, meats, cheeses, pastries, and more. I wish we had even a 1/4th of it around Hutch!

Our final highlight was the Expo, a runner's paradise for shopping,goodies, and meeting fellow runners while picking up the must-haves: the bib number and race shirt.

I was star-struck and met Coach Jenny Hadfield, whose running plan I did this marathon go-round. She's amazing and it was such a treat to meet her!


It was probably a good thing the kid lets were ready to go, as I could have easily spent a few more hours (and dollars!) in there. 


So now we are back at our dear friends' home, getting ready to eat a pre-race dinner, finish packing up the goods for the morning, and calling it a night to prep for the 4 a.m. wake-up call and 26.2 miles.

I have a goal of 4:15-4:30 in mind, and I'd love more than anything to make it! 


Thanks for all of your prayers, well wishes, and support. This is where the 20 weeks of training pays off....it's now time to confidently get to that start line and strongly cross that finish line!

No comments:

Visitors