Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Big 3-0 in 30 Days!

So a year ago I posted this 29 things I wanted to do before turning the big 3-0.

My 30th birthday is in 30 days. THIRTY DAYS, people! Sigh.

So much for having a year to get all of these things done. Here's an update.....

1. Read a classic - "To Kill a Mockingbird" will be in my bag of fun reads when we travel 16 hours to Cleveland in two weeks.
2. Fly a kite with the family - done
3. Go fishing or hunting with Jack. not done - eek!
4. Make my own hummus - done (and failed!)
5. Grow my own herbs - done (and succeeded!)
6. Bake cookies with Mackie and Brax and deliver to a new neighbor - not done - baking cookies, yes, but no delivery to a neighbor.
7. Contact paper and re-organize kitchen drawers and cabinets - done
8. Run another half-marathon and 10K - ran a Turkey Trot 10-miler; ran two 10K's (one I scored a PR!); and won't be doing a half-marathon but my third FULL marathon in two weeks!
9. Take a group fitness class - not done, and really no desire anymore.
10. Dig into my Bible and a study at Starbucks, not worrying about the time. -done 
11. Visit the Hutch Public Library at least every other month - done
12. Learn how to sew -epic fail! I really really really want to do this someday!
13. Save and plan a "real" get-away with Jack - doing it for my bday/anniversary weekend!
14. Interview my kids once a month on the camcorder - half-done, not every month but every season!
15. Host a girls get-together at my house with my sweet friends - done for a summer birthday last July!
16. Read a biography - hmmm....I should add one to the reading goodies on the upcoming trip!
17. Make a homemade latte using espresso maker. - done, and then sold the maker (too messy!)
18. Run in the sprinklers with my sweeties. -not done (sigh)
19. Do a back dive off of the diving board in my parent's pool - done, felt so good!
20. Get a pedicure and/or massage - hopefully done after my full marathon!
21. Memorize Proverbs 31 in its entirety - not done, and no excuses
22. Spend an entire day disconnected to all things technology - not done, is this possible?! :)
23. Build a snowman, make snow angels, and go sledding on a snow day - done, done, and done!
24. Camp-out downstairs in the basement with the kids - good idea for this summer break!
25. Go to a movie at the Fox - done - "Brave" with Mackie, her first movie in a theater
26. Go to a Hutch Rec art class - not done, and I work there!
27. Take a bike ride or run out at the Highlands - not done, but found some other great places that I didn't usually run/bike around!
28. Try sushi - not done, and not appealing anymore
29. Ride the Ferris wheel - done - with Mackie (instead of Jack) and scared me to death as the 3-yr-old dare-devil tried to jump out so many times!

I actually did more than I thought - but still have some to-do's to cross off in the next 30 days! Who knows if I'll make all of them. It's definitely something to strive for, though.

Bring on June 1st! (but not turning 30!)

No comments:

Visitors