Friday, June 7, 2013

Turning 30 & Feelin' Fab!

Okay, people.

Thirty hasn't been terrible so far. I didn't think it would be - again, I just really enjoyed all that happened in my 20s. But here's to the next decade of great milestones and memories!

We celebrated my 30th - along with our 8th wedding anniversary - with a nice weekend get-away to KC. We had originally planned on Oklahoma City, but tornadoes tend to change plans when they start damaging and flooding a city just hours before you're supposed to arrive!

I chopped my hair to kick off the weekend......


And spent the first hours of being 30 by pounding the pavement with a great morning run (by myself and with my family - win win!) and Starbucks coffee!


My mom and dad(via phone - he was out of town) joined in on the fun, too. She tells me it's one thing to be 30....it's a completely different thing to have a 30-year-old. Point well taken, mama.



She gave me perhaps the best surprise - a huge birthday card!


Inside were 30 1-dollar bills helping tell the story of my last 30 years. She's pretty genius (and a great, creative teacher!). 



I don't even want to think about turning 40. Because as I said before, our kidlets will be 13 and 11 and entering the danger zone teen and tween years (at the same time). Eek!


No comments:

Visitors