Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Basketball & Boogers

It was a day that I had been looking forward to ever since we found out we were having a girl.

I even had a baby shower in a sports diva theme, anticipating my future little Lady Crusader.

Well, last Saturday the day arrived. The day that had been 4+ years in the making. My baby girl started her basketball journey with Hutch Rec's Lil Dribblers program. And to make it even better, daddy was coaching right by her side. 

I have to admit I choked up while watching her dribble, shoot, and run "drills" with Coach Daddy. She and her teammates are so cute! They'll do a few weeks of drills and practice and then start games in January.... right about the same time I'll have to start helping with coaching duties. Patience, mama, patience!







Mackie's highlights included the following:

When Jack was telling the kiddos how to position their hands on the ball, he told them to put one hand behind another. Her reply: "We don't say behind, daddy."

Even better?

I noticed that while she was in line waiting to shoot, she picked her nose and proceeded to spread her hand on the ball. When I asked her about it after practice, she matter-of-factly said: "It wasn't just my boogers, mama. It was worser. It was a lot of snot."

Oh me.

Hope they disinfect!

No comments:

Visitors