Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mama On The Run: My Favorite Time of Day

3:45 p.m.

Shortly after my kidlets wake up from their naps (yes, my 4.5 yr old still takes 2-2.5 hr naps pretty much every day - blessed beyond measure right there!), we load up in the BOB and take a stroll around the neighborhood, snacks and milk/water bottles in tow. 

Granted, we don't get out much during the bitterly cold winter months. But in recent weeks we've had a glimpse of spring temps and my-oh-my, has it been nice! Both kidlets have missed their BOB time and gleefully wake up and bring me their Nikes to run. Mama usually runs 1-2 miles and then I let Mackie out to run-walk by my side for about .5 mile, followed by Brax, who usually only "runs" about .25 miles or so before he quits. This is typically my second workout of the day, so I take it nice and easy, enjoying the precious running time with my babes in training. Jack joins us on the days he can be home in the afternoons, too. 

I love my little running family. It's going to be one sad day in the Conkling house when Mackie finally outgrows the BOB...but then it's back to our BOB Ironman single stroller. Yep, we have two of 'em, they're just that good!







1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a precious time! Those are the times you will want to remember when they are grown and out of the house. Those everyday memories are also probably the memories your kids will cherish :) We can't wait for our spring walks to commence! Send some of that warmth our way

Visitors