Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

"Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. 'Many women have done them excellently, but you surpass them all.' Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Call me spoiled. 

This morning I woke up to this.....

(Starbucks delivered by hubs, along with a card and a cute mama on the run shirt! 
Not pictured - a "medal for being my mom" (aka: an old race medal) from both kids and a card that Mackie drew of Jesus and the disciples at the Last Supper. She said that was an important Bible story to know and the one she chose to draw me. Love her so!)

I was able to worship at church with these two cuties (not pictured - the third cutie in my family and my favorite man, Jackson, who was taking the pic)....


I did a light run-walk to kick off the day and shake out the legs. Took a nap. Leisurely read the Sunday paper, did the usual word puzzles, and planned my week ahead along with reading Real Simple. I'll go to Ken's Pizza for dinner with the fam. And later I'll cap off the evening by folding laundry with hubs while watching my pick of a chick flick. 

It's been a wonderful Mother's Day with my sweeties - and another reminder from God how He's blessed me beyond measure with my two treasures in this world. 

Thank you, Lord, for making me a mommy. It's sometimes the toughest, least glamorous, hardest job I've ever had (that never goes away!), but it's also the most humbling, rewarding, act of love I could ever provide two little people. 

Blessed beyond measure. My heart overfloweth. 

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! May your day be filled with sweetness - and for those who have lost mothers and/or children, may you have a peace that surpasses all understanding today. 

No comments:

Visitors