Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lazy Saturday Morning: Conkling Style

It was the first Saturday in weeks that the kidlets and I didn't have any real plans. I love these Saturdays. Mainly because I know that in a few short years (shoot - even months when basketball season comes around!), Saturday mornings will be filled with basketball practices and games, tackling to-do lists that didn't get done during the week, etc, etc. 

We don't do lazy Saturdays very well in our household. Correction: I don't do lazy Saturdays very well. From the time I was born, I was one who woke up at 6 a.m. on Saturdays. It's just my nature. And while I don't mind sleeping in until 7 or 7:30 a.m. these days, it doesn't happen often. 

Today, to beat the heat, I joined a fellow running mama for a hot and steamy 10-miler before the sun (mostly) came up. Jack then took off to a concealed carry class and the kidlets and I did a few chores around the house before packing up and hitting Downtown Hutch for Saturday morning festivities. 

First up, Farmer's Market. 

We hadn't been in weeks and I craved farm-fresh cukes, peaches, melons, sweet corn, etc. They did not disappoint! We walked away with two big bags filled with farm-fresh goodness. The kids even joined in on the Farmer's Market entertainment - a cute little band who attracted both of my cuties when they started singing "E-I-E-I-O." Brax kept the beat and mouthed all of the words, while Mackie shouted out animals. Too much fun! 



We then ventured over to our Saturday morning favorite, story time at Bluebird Books. We love the casual, book-loving environment and how the staff there love on my little (albeit crazy most times) readers. Their coffee rocks, too, so that helps. :)

They had a special musical group come after story time and let the kids play instruments and dance around. It was a huge hit - even with my parents, who joined in on being a part of the "band."









I love the vibrancy Downtown Hutch has these days, especially in the warmer months when Farmer's Market is available! 

Happy Saturday - and a great weekend at that!

No comments:

Visitors