My sweet Braxton Cade,
Tomorrow you turn three years old - THREE! That's such a grown up age. It's not a baby. It's not a toddler. It's a preschooler in the making. Regardless, you're still my baby. You're always going to be - that's the joy of being the youngest in the family.
* You love pirates, namely Jake and the crew. You have a lovie in the form of a pirate sword - five of them total (wooden, foam, and plastic that you rotate throughout the week).
* You love trains. Thomas the Train and your wooden train set. You'll play for hours down in the basement building big, big, big bridges for your trains to weave in and out of.
* You enjoy puzzles. You'll do the same one over and over again - and not the easy peasy puzzles, but the "big kid" ones that have 24+ pieces.
* You (still) have a thing for elephants. And roosters/chickens. That was the highlight of your trip to the State Fair this year.
* You still love food, especially mac and cheese, hot dogs, fruit, and potatoes (but only if they're dipped in ketchup). We've won you over on most raw veggies (finally!) but those cooked mixed veggies still give you some trouble.
* You also love reading, namely the Llama Llama books.
* You adore your big sis and can't wait for daddy to get home so the three of you can play Billy Goats Gruff or Three Little Pigs. You also play a mean game of Hungry Hippos.
* You've completely caught up on speech and go a mile a minute on talking. You count well over 20 (skipping 15, of course!) and say your ABC's over and over again.
* You love watching Super Why!, Little Einsteins, Arthur, and Curious George, but really adore Jake & the Never Land Pirates and Mickey Mouse.
Braxton Cade, God gave us you three years ago and made our family complete. It's been a joy watching you transition from baby to toddler to preschooler. You're going off to Wee Wigglers preschool one day a week in a few short weeks, and will soon move up to the "big kid" class and out of church nursery in the coming months. You're such a sweet boy - ornery - but loving, humorous, and you definitely know what you want.
You're my buddy, Braxy boy. I love you to the moon and back - bunches and bunches and bunches. Two verses hang on the walls in your room and it's my constant prayer for you as you start entering the world outside our home more and more.
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." - Colossians 3:17
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11
I pray that this coming year you learn more and more about Jesus's great sacrifice on the cross for you, son. That you gain an excitement to learn about him on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and throughout the week at home. I pray that you show an eagerness to start hiding God's Word in your heart.
Love you, buddy. Happy Birthday!