Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Spirit: The Church Program

This year's children's Christmas program at church was special, because it was Brax's first one! Both Mackie and Brax performed in the same group (3 yr olds through kidnergartners) and sang at the very start of the program. Their line-up included three songs: "Away in a Manger," "Jingle Bells," and the ever-popular and favorite in our household, "Come On Ring Those Bells."



You never know what's going to happen when 20-30 kids who are 3-6 year olds join forces on stage. We pretty much knew Mackie would be fine. She sang her little heart out - the entire church could hear her distinct voice as she was one of the loudest ones. (who needs a microphone?)

Brax, meanwhile, was front and center and did pretty well. He sang a few words of "Away in a Manger" but really let loose for the final two songs. I think he was more concerned that his friend, Ryle (who stood next to him) wasn't putting down his bells for the first song. I guess Brax became tired toward the end of the performance, when he decided to sit down and shake those hand bells. Standing, singing, shaking bells, and looking cute sure is a lot of hard work for a 3-yr-old.


Above all, I love how my children were singing for Jesus! I only wish my video would correctly upload for y'all to see.

And a side note....I'm in love with Mackie's Christmas dress this year! The inspiration behind the dress was the American Girl holiday catalog cover. My mom's teacher friend - who also made my bridesmaid dresses at my wedding several years ago and is extremely talented! - made the royal blue sparkly-snowflake dress and a matching dress for Mackie's Bitty Baby doll (that's a Christmas present from grandma and grandpa that she'll open later this week!).

No comments:

Visitors