My lack of blogging means we Conklings have thoroughly enjoyed our June. It was jam packed full - I'm not sure many days that went by where we weren't off to do something!
Some of our highlights:
- Birthday shenanigans and turning the big 34.
- Celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary and my birthday in Kansas City with Royals baseball and Hospital Hill 5K/10K re-run events. Even better? Enjoying a kid-free weekend with our dear friends, the Gills. What a GREAT idea for a double-date!
- T-Ball, Softball, and more t-ball and softball...oh my! Daddy coached both t-ball and coach pitch softball teams, which meant our Monday/Wednesday/Thursday nights were busy in June!
- Pool time galore! We've enjoyed our fair share of time in the Preston pool - both as a family and with friends.
- Outdoor Adventure Camp at Dillon Nature Center. Mackie enjoyed another year of Adventure Camp and was awarded the "Excellent Camper" and "Turtle Catcher" awards. She fished every day and loved it! Canoeing and archery? Not as much.
- Vacation Bible School at Grace Bible Church. Our first week of June, things turned a bit chilly at GBC for Operation:Arctic VBS!
- Celebrated daddy on Father's Day. The kidlets couldn't wait to spend their piggybank money on root beer floats for dad, while mama made his dinner request: chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes. What a fun day spoiling daddy!
- Movies at the theaters. My mom and I took the kidlets to see "Beauty and the Beast" at the Fox Theatre, while Jack took Brax to the Warren Theatre to see "Cars 3" for a special father-son date.
- Bike rides. When mama's in the office, daddy keeps the kidlets entertained with bike rides around the 'hood and one special outing - to the Kansas State Fairgrounds, where they biked around the grounds and took a small break on the train.
- Family Races. We ended the month with a family-favorite, the Firecracker. Mama ran the 8K while daddy helped Mackie finish her first officially-timed 5K race. She won her age group...and then celebrated by participating in a swim meet with her Hutch Rec rec swim team. What a trooper! (And I wish I had that non-stop energy!).
We've made a good start on our #ConklingSummer2017 bucket list, but there are plenty of items to cross off in July. Here's to finishing out the summer strong and on purpose as a family!