Thursday, September 7, 2017

New School Year & New Adventures!

 I know it's past Labor Day. And I realize that we've been in school for a good three weeks now. But we're still in back-to-school mode in the Conkling house.

Mackie and daddy kicked off the school year with their first day of school on Aug. 17. Mackie is a 2nd grader in Mrs. Burkhart's class and wants to be a lifeguard and doctor when she grows up.

Jack, meanwhile, starts his 13th year teaching social studies at Prairie Hills Middle School.



Perhaps the biggest back-to-school news, though, is this young handsome dude started kindergarten a week later, on Aug. 22. Mama didn't know how to wrap her heart and head around the fact that the babe of the family was finally off to school with big sis. He was SO excited (as his smile shows!). 

Brax is a kindergartner in Ms. Richardson's class. He wants to be a cowboy and ninja when he grows up. 






After blubbering like a hot mess the first week of Mackie's kindergarten year, I went in praying and knowing that while it would be hard to see little dude go off, it was exciting and fun for him. I held it together our entire walk there and as soon as we hit the gym for drop-off, the lump in my throat grew bigger and bigger. My lips trembled. And then, when the little dude looked back at me one more time and told me "you can go now, mama - I'm ok," tears rolled down the cheeks. 


It really hit me on the lonely, quiet walk home. (as seen here)

I gave myself the day to cry and be weepy (my co-workers didn't know what hit me!), and then we celebrated with Bogey's after school. :)


Here's to a great school year! Praying our kidlets are lights for Jesus and they honor, obey, and respect their teachers and educators this year. God Bless our educators for loving on our precious kiddos!

No comments:

Visitors